Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Welcome to the Zimbric World!

Hello, and welcome to our blog!

The intent of this blog is to keep you up to date on the happenings in the world of Matt, Sandi, George, Sasha, and Baby A and Baby B Zimbric. I hope not to be one of those bloggers that never updates the blog. This seems pretty simple and quick, so I should be able to update somewhat regularly. If not, I have a good reason for slacking, and right now they are named George, Baby A, and Baby B.

The biggest news in our lives right now (if you didn't know) is that we are expecting twin boys basically anytime now. I am about 33.5 weeks pregnant, and trying to keep these babies cooking until they are at least 36 weeks. Up until I was 31 weeks, it was a very uneventful pregnancy, except for some "morning" sickness here and there. However, when I was 31 weeks, my doctor discovered I was in preterm labor and had me sent via ambulence to Froedert Hospital in Milwaukee. Froedert has a NICU and Children's Hospital, in case I did deliver the babies and they needed medical assistance. Thankfully, we were able to stop the labor progression, and five days later they sent me home from the hospital to continue my bed rest.

It has been a blessing for me to be on bed rest at home. I can see Matt and George all the time! Mentally it has not been difficult for me. I consider it the calm before the storm! Think about it, as someone pointed out to me, this will really be the most rest I will get for the next 18 years! The hardest part for me is that my butt gets sore from sitting all the time, and we don't have cable tv. I suppose if we did have cable tv, I wouldn't be writing this blog. I'm sure my bed rest has been the most difficult on Matt, since he is the one doing all the Mom duties in addition to all his Dad duties. He is doing a wonderful job. For George, the hardest part of my bed rest is I can't put him to bed every night, or play in the garden, or the sandbox. But I do get to give him a hug and kiss good night, which I could not do in the hospital and that was the pits. Sasha loves that I'm on bed rest. She has someone to bother whenever she wants, benefits from food scraps all day, and gets to lay around wherever she wants to. There have been many people helping us out through this bed rest ordeal, whether it be mowing the lawn, watching George, or just thinking of us and saying prayers. We cannot thank you all enough.

This Friday is my next doctor appointment, and I will be 34 weeks at that time. My doctor said we would discuss putting me more on a "modified" bed rest at that point, since she is comfortable delivering me at St. Agnes Hospital in Fond du Lac at 34 weeks, but not before. Since then, I've been daydreaming about everything I can get done. Maybe I could go upstairs, downstairs, on short errands, garage saling, short walks, etc! We will see. At my last full ultrasound, on 5/2, the babies were both 4 lbs 7 oz each. They have likely passed the 5 lb mark by now, at least judging by the fact that even Matt's t-shirts are getting too small for me. It will be nice to have them here in the world with us, and learn what having twins is all about!

Here is the belly shot at 33.5 weeks


In other news....

Matt has been busy with his beer brewing hobby, and taking care of me, George, and Sasha. He bought some five gallon kegs, so he can keg the beer rather than bottle it. He also bought everything needed to convert our garage fridge, aka the beer fridge, to a kegerator. We'll have two beers on tap at all times. He's working on a wheat beer (my favorite!) and a stout (I think). Party at our house!

He also built George a sandbox! North Fond du Lac has free sand and delivery once a year, so we decided to take advantage of it. He scrambled to get the sandbox together on a Friday night/Saturday early morning before they were due to deliver the sand. The funny thing is, they don't FILL the sandbox. They give about three wheelbarrels full. This filled about one corner of our 5' x 5' sandbox. George loves the sandbox.





Speaking of George, he is doing a good job at being a 2 1/2 year old. He's stubborn, mischevious, defiant, and everything else a toddler is supposed to be. But most of all he is fun, adorable, loving, talkative, and always sure to put a smile on your face. He is sure to be a good big brother! He says he will help change the babies' diapers, feed them, etc. He also approved the first baby name we had picked out, and chose the second baby name (from a list of 2). So, if you want to know the babies' names before they are born, talk to George!



Well, this was a good start. I will be sure to update after tomorrow's doctor appointment!



6 comments:

  1. That last picture of George looks like you did when you were little....teeth & all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm surprised I can "visit" you at work! I love that last picture of George...it looks like he'll spill the baby name beans any minute! You're right...this is better than watching Martha Stewart kissing dolphins! We miss you! Take care of yourself and "A" and "B."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Blog! I need to talk to Geroge so I can find out those names! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog...great idea. I was wondering if George could please call Emma...they have some things to discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What time is the doc appointment??? We need updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just think of how rested you are going to be...Lay on that left side baby...I am still counting on a May 28th delivery.

    ReplyDelete