In my last blog, I said my next appointment was going to be Thursday (tomorrow). But my doctor called late Monday night and said she wanted to see me today. I think she just wanted to give me extra peace of mind (not a piece of mind, although I could use one of those these days it seems). So this morning we were at the hospital nice and early to be monitored. The babies were nice and active. They took a blood sample again and everything came back ok from that. They also took my blood pressure again of course and it was good, as in not high (112/78 for those that must know). It seems to vary quite a bit depending on how I am sitting or lying. Sometimes it seems like they are cheating, but I don't know the proper method to check blood pressure. Anyway, the doctor knows they cheat and she was ok with their results. It seems there would be one standard position they check blood pressure in, rather than "how can we get you to lie down to get the lowest reading?" But, maybe what they are doing is normal. In my scientific world it is not.
Anyway, I go back to the doctor next on Friday. Between now and Friday I will finish up the last of the Nifedipine: http://health.yahoo.com/other-other/nifedipine-for-preterm-labor/healthwise--hw221970.html. This drug I have been on since April 28 when all this excitement started, and it is used to help stop/relax contractions. It seemed to really do the trick back on April 28 stopping everything, so who knows, it could be an exciting weekend! Or not, because I'm still trying to hold out until June. My doctor also had me schedule an ultrasound for next week to check growth. So next Wednesday, I will have an update on weight estimates. This weekend I will be 35 weeks. I've come a long way since I was 31 weeks in an ambulance, but it has gone fast.
Other news:
George is going to his first circus show tonight! Matt is taking him. I wish I could go too, because I know George is really going to like it but there will be other circuses.
Sasha almost had a full-time playmate the other day, not a dog but a dove. The poor thing was hopping/half flying around the ground, and she caught it. There was obviously something wrong with it because it couldn't fly away, so we made her spit it out. There was no blood shed, and it ran away as quick as it could. She was close to getting a big rabbit, but she just isn't quick enough. We're hoping she scared it away though so it doesn't eat what flowers and shrubs we have left from the harsh winter.
Someone has gotten the $1.00 spinning the wheel on the Price is Right for the last three days. What are the odds?? Too bad Bob Barker gave up the show, he was better than Drew Carrey.
That's all I have. I'll leave you with a funny picture of George so you have something to look at in addition to all the reading.

Awesome news! Glad your blood pressure is down...I do know what you are talking about with the "cheating"...I felt that way too. Love George's shoes...
ReplyDeleteLOVE the picture of George. I am glad everything is going good, and looking great! But next time you leave me in that kind of suspense.....
ReplyDeleteGreat news Sandi. Now take those shoes off of George! You will have to tell Stephanie the joke about "how do you keep a blond in suspense?"
ReplyDelete