I know, I already posted this pic on facebook. BUT, not all you out there are on facebook or use it that often. Let's face it. Facebook is so overrated (in fact the word "facebook" doesn't even register on the spell check). Maybe it will be my New Year's resolution to quit using facebook.
So about a month ago there was a free hockey night at the Waunakee Ice Pond. You could bring your kids and for free they would be suited up with all the cool hockey gear every kid drools over. We went, and it was a blast. The kids of course loved being in all the gear, and I have to admit myself that they all looked so cute. Wait, I can do better. They were the cutest kids out there! George has been on the ice before but isn't so great out there yet. Still, he showed vast improvement in speed and confidence over where we ended last winter. This was Charlie and Louis's first time on the ice in skates. They rocked! They were flying all over the place holding onto the chairs to start with. By the end of the hour they were both able to go without chairs. Every hockey parent there kept coming up to us and telling us we need to sign them up. I kept checking my pockets to see if those people were slipping money in...gol dang that sport is expensive! Regardless, all three are signed up for the "Learn to Skate" program that starts in January. As long as they are having fun, we're happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment