The birthday celebration began on Saturday with a birthday party for family. It was a great time, and the smile on George's face all day confirmed it. He received so many wonderful gifts that he so far has bounced from one to the next since.
Today he is at school, which he made spider cupcakes for and is very proud of them. Tonight we are going swimming at the Y in Oshkosh, which has an indoor waterslide and kid pool. He chose that over going to kickball, which is usually his favorite so I know he's pretty excited about it! Tomorrow he might be sad it isn't his birthday anymore. We will see.
Speaking of sad, last night when putting George to bed, he did sadly ask me "Mommy, will I be three again?" He was so sad, almost crying when he asked this. I wasn't sure if he understood what getting older meant at the time; I was wondering if he was feeling what I was feeling..that my baby is yet another year older. I was having a hard time grasping that a nearly 4-year-old was sad that he was getting older. What the heck??!!
I will say, thank God for age 4. It is true that behavior improves at age 4. I've said it before--terrible twos were no big deal. They were pleasant in fact, compared to age 3. Yuck age 3! People would tell me that at age 4 its like a switch goes off in their head and it gets so much better. Believing that was difficult, but sure enough, in the last few months I've seen a transition from being troublesome and destructive at times to incredibly loving and helpful. We haven't completely ditched age 3, but aren't we all that age sometimes =) Age 4 appears to be a bit more beligerant, but I can deal with that. Welcome, Age 4!!
Here are a few pictures from the birthday party and playing with the leaves in the yard. Charlie and Louis didn't really care for the leaves. We had to throw them into the giant pile, and they yelled at us and immediately crawled out and took shelter by the fire pit.
I'll leave you with a funny video, although some may be a wee bit grossed out by it. Charlie went #2, then went to sit on Matt and bounce on him. I couldn't help but take the opportunity and catch it on video. Enjoy!
Happy Birthday George!!!
ReplyDeleteSandi, you have such a smart boy..."will I ever be three again?" Oh my God. Pulls at my heart!
Funny, I love how Louis is the innocent one, playing with slippers and reading books while the other two are being wild men! Looks like a lot of fun at your house :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday George!!!! Wow, I can't believe that he is four.
ReplyDeleteGeorge, you'll be 3 with a 0 attached to it someday, and then you'll really have tears in your eyes.:) What a cute little guy!