Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween

We had a fun Halloween this year! George was a pirate, and greeted people with "Aarrgh! Happy Halloween!" Charlie and Louis were bats, and they just stayed in the wagon because it was too cold and just too difficult to try and get them to the doors and hang on to their candy buckets. Nevertheless, they had just as much candy in their buckets as George did. Except someone handed out a full size Twix candy bar to George. Sure made me feel pretty cheap handing out Double Bubbles and Tootsie pops, but whatever. When you have somewhere over 300 people showing up, gotta cut corners.

So, here are some pictures. First we have Louis smashing his Halloween cupcake from our neighbors:
And Charlie painting a clown face with the frosting from his cupcake (at this point, I wished I could call the neighbors to have them clean my children):

Charlie and Louis as bats in their trick-or-treat wagon:


Louis carving a pumpkin, contemplating putting the spoon in the mouth to learn how raw pumpkin guts taste (he did not taste it, by the way):


Charlie carving a pumpkin (this is his bust a gut smile and laugh. It's my favorite by far. I finally understand what people mean when they say "he's so cute I could eat him" because this smile makes me feel that way):



George, working hard on one of his pumpkins:



George, our fearless pirate. He didn't have half of his costume on in this picture. He also had a hook, an earing, a different hat, a parrot, and two eye patches. He was not planning on wearing both eyepatches at the same time.


All three kiddos (Charlie is looking at the camera, Louis is looking away):

That's it! Its my goal to blog once before Christmas is here. Doesn't sound like much, but that holiday season really kicks you in the ...butt.
Happy shopping!


2 comments:

  1. I love the photos of the boys in their costumes. I can't believe someone was giving out full size candy bars. We barely got any trick or treaters this year and still have a stack of candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.....cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete