We came home today from a long weekend in Door County. Although the weather was rainy most of the time, we packed in lots of fun seeing museums, taking the ferry to Washington Island, some wineries, parks, shopping, and lots of site seeing. We stayed near Bailey's Harbor on Kangaroo Lake, and it was extremely peaceful and wonderful. Here is a picture of us on Washington Island at Mountain Tower. This spot is one that Matt and I visited on our honeymoon, nearly six years ago which I included a picture of for the heck of it. Lake Michigan is in the background, although you really can't see it. I didn't want to take the time to adjust the camera up there because these towers just aren't baby-proofed like you'd like them to be and the little ones could tumble over the edge in the gaping spaces of the fence.


During a break in the rain, we stopped at Peninsula State Park to see the lighthouse and to run around in the park. 
We also went to a petting zoo on Washington Island. The camel was interesting...it belched in front of us, but I swear half of its intestines flew out from its mouth with the belch. I was frozen with shock and not able to move the camera to get a picture in time. I also wondered if it was dying. Anyway, here is the camel eating the ice cream cone, and George's hand.
On the way home from Door County, we stopped at Lambeau to show George the stadium. When we stopped for this picture with Vince Lombardi, the Fox news guy came and interviewed Matt and I, and they aired bits of our interviews on the news!

Charlie and Louis are starting to play with one another. At the dinner table they play peek-a-boo. When they are in their cribs they will play the take each other's nuk game and give and take blanket game. This one usually brings out lots of giggles and then takes them about an hour and a half to finally fall asleep. They like to do what the other one is doing. If one has a book, the other gets a book. Here, they paused to watch sesame street. Notice the similarity in their stance, their hand placement, angle of their head, etc. I had to take a picture since they look so alike here. They do still fight over toys, and the fights are getting more violent but no band-aids required yet. I remind them that we only give hugs and kisses, and then they usually hug and kiss each other.

I don't think I ever posted George's first day of school photo. He wanted his picture taken by the basketball hoop, so here it is. He really likes school and is doing well so far. It is amazing how well toddlers behave outside of the home. To date, George has not had to sit in the "sad chair" at school. The number of time-outs he gets at home must make up for it! His teachers have told me too that he has an answer for everything and said that we must read a lot at home. But really, who doesn't read to their kids?
Last, I'll leave you with a picture of what I have to deal with sometimes...yes, that is Louis attempting to ride Charlie like a horse. Charlie does look horrified, but I assure you he was not harmed in this ordeal.
I LOVE the last picture!!! I am still laughing!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun in DC. The boys are real cuties and I love how they are standing alike too.
ReplyDeleteThey are all getting so big!!! I love that last picture too! I have a video of Maya taking Max's pacifier. I can't wait until they start playing together like Charlie and Louis!
ReplyDelete