Keeps the doctor away I hope. Fall is here (thank goodness!) and we made our first trip to the apple orchard. Its not the Little Farmer that we were used to in Fond du Lac, but it was still fun and they had apples which was the important part. We've so far enjoyed homemade caramel apples (taffy apples as George calls them), and apple crisp. I will say that the kids most enjoyed the apples when they were pulling them from the tree.
We also ventured out to a local state park for a hike. The hike was a bit over a mile or so and by the end all the kids were whining. But they want to go back for more!
The end of our summer was pretty low-key. A parade here, a parade there, and a camping trip with the entire Holter family (minus a brother and his family). The kids were given a giant tattoo of a tow truck at the parade. I couldn't find a place on their bodies big enough for it other than...
In other news, we have been in our condo for over a month now. I am very anxious for our house to sell, so we can buy a house in Waunakee and be done going back and forth to mow the lawn and check on the house. Its been interesting having all three kids sleep in the same room together, but I believe they all enjoy it. We've had a few good leads on the house but nobody has written an offer.
George starts school this week and everyone is very excited about that. I need a break from handling his brilliant mind full time. He is non-stop questions. On the way to the zoo one day, he asked how alligators were born. I told him they hatch from eggs. He thought about it a while, and then said, "I just don't get it". How do you explain these things to an almost five year old without explaining the full reproductive cycle?!!? Yikes.
Gary the snail, the pet snail found in Lake Wissota from our camping trip was attacked by Tina the Turtle. Gary now resides in the Six Mile Creek in Wauankee, not sure if he's dead or alive but I did try to save him. To keep Tina company, we captured a crawfish from the Six Mile Creek, Cranky the Crayfish. Turns out it only had one pincher (we have a theme here...one eyed toad, one pincher crawfish...this must signify something). It kept Tina company for a week before Cranky was brave one day and ventured out from his rock cave. Tina somehow caught him and I will say it was an entertaining, gorey battle. Sadly, we were not able to return Cranky to the Six Mile Creek but we don't have to feed Tina for a while now. We are thinking Tina was not meant to have tankmates.
Charlie and Louis were re-evaluated by the birth to three program a week ago and both of them passed their screenings with flying colors. The screener was impressed with how their speech has developed since she first screened them in May. They are saying more and more everyday, which is so exciting. We look forward to the time when all three kids are arguing about who got the biggest piece or who gets to go first or how alligators are born.
I'm now a tutor for high school students in math and chemistry! I wanted something to do on my own and found this little gig for just a few hours a week, pick my own hours. What better way to use my math and chemistry skills I went to school for so long for? The name of my company is Time to Learn Tutoring.
I think that's all for now. Who knows, next time you hear from me my house will be sold, or else it will be cold enough where the grass won't need mowing anymore.
Loved the stories about Tina, too funny. Glad to hear you are all doing great. Hoping that house sells soon!
ReplyDeleteYeah...Tina's kind of a loaner I guess. Just keep her away from the dog. I love your orchard photos. I can't wait to take Maya and Maxwell to Little Farmer this year.
ReplyDeleteGood seeing you guys last weekend and having your kids force me to eat bacon! I hope everything continues to go well with the house in Fondy and I hope house hunting is successful!
ReplyDelete