Words cannot describe how excited we are to finally sell our house and move on with our lives. We are fortunate to have had temporary housing all spring and summer. And very fortunate that we can all be together at the condo now. However, our time was consumed with going back and forth between cities, cleaning, mowing, laundering, etc, etc that we did not have time to enjoy our life. I am elated that in a little over three weeks we will be out of transition mode. I don't think it has fully hit me yet as the process these past few weeks, not to mention past five months, has been stressful beyond my imagination. I am soooo excited, but I feel my excitement is clouded by stress and the desire to get out of this condo so much. I've been on the go so much and in transition long enough that it feels as though the new house is just someplace we'll be staying for another month or so and not years and years to come. So I am only on cloud six because my emotions have not caught up with me yet to fully realize the magnitude of this great event. I will not post a picture of the new house until we close on it because I do not want to jinx this. Everything is lined up and there should be no hiccups on the Fond du Lac end or the Waunakee end, but you can never be 100% certain until the money is in the bank and the papers are signed.
I know there were a lot of prayers said for us and lots of help along the way with this adventure. THANK YOU to everyone. It means a lot to us.
In other news...
George started school (just preschool again) and loves it. Here he is on the first day of school.
He is one stylin' boy! He picked out his own outfit and I think that is his favorite shirt right now. All the kids at school seem to like George a lot and he has a list of kids he says are his friends already. He looks so big to me in this picture, like he should be going into second grade and not preschool. He will be five in just over a month, but still looks older than five. He goes on his first field trip the beginning of October and is very excited about it. They're going to a pumpkin patch and they are taking a school bus there. He has never been on a school bus before. George is such a good big brother. One day this week I had to travel between Waunakee, then Baraboo, then Fond du Lac, then back to Waunakee. On the way back to Waunakee I stopped at a playland McD's for a late special "treat" lunch. Charlie and Louis were too small to climb their way up the platforms to the slide at the top. George would stand under them and push their bottoms up each platform so they could go down the slide with him. It melted my heart, although I was somewhat concerned that the little ones had a poopy diaper and with George pushing on their bottoms would consequently smoosh the contents of the diaper out. Fortunately nobody had a poopy diaper.
Charlie and Louis are talking more and more everyday. Charlie repeats "Mama, Mama" over and over and over again anytime he wants my attention. He likes to say an object's sound instead of use the word. For example, instead of "cat" he says "meow". He had two little fire trucks he carries around everywhere he goes. If he can't find them or is showing them to you, he makes fire engine noises instead of saying "fire truck". He's showing quite a bit of interest in the potty, so after we move into the new house I think I'm going to have a let's put underwear on day and see what happens. He LOVES to color and draw. He will sit and color or draw for at least a half an hour at a time. For a two year old this attention span is amazing! He also has a favorite book right now of The Three Pigs. He usually hits the wolf in the book and says "Wolf bad!" Charlie is further defining himself as the shy, sensitive twin.
Louis, on the other hand, is further defining himself as the bold, confident twin. One might call this one a "little devil", or sometimes its referred to as a "little stinker". Whatever you call him, it warrants the desire to put him in handcuffs or on a leash to tone down his craziness at times. I really don't know how else to describe him sometimes as just crazy. Yet at the same time he is so funny and so stinking cute that I cannot help but laugh. He is always so jovial. Louis prefers construction vehicles over rescue vehicles. He really loves looking at books and reading. He'll pull every book off the bookshelf and page through every single one. At night, after reading to him and putting him into bed, he'll gather up a bunch of books into his bed, turn on the light, and sit and read. Unfortunately when he's done reading he doesn't get up to turn off the light, he just lays in bed. Louis pretty much tries to say anything that you tell him to, you just can't understand most of it. I don't know how many words Charlie and Louis are up to these days but the list is starting to grow exponentially.
Sasha is not adjusting well to the new condo. Its been almost two months, but a few weeks ago this is what I found when I returned from an outing:
That's all folks!
I ALWAYS enjoy reading your posts!:) I was hoping to see you at the bacon party, but obviously we missed you. Tyler also likes to imitate sounds rather than say, "Dog" or whatever. It is somewhat embarassing when we are in the grocery store buying chicken out of the deli and he starts going, "bock, bock, bock." We get a few weird looks.:)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she carried an entire cake pan to her bed!!!!! That's heavy!!! Howie had a hard transition when Julianna came home, he was depressed for those 5 months, but when we moved to our new place it was like the Fountain of Youth, all of a sudden we had our Howie back. If Sasha can carry a glass Pyrex around, she can get anything off the counter, watch out :) Congrats on the house!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the house, I am so happy that the transition will finally be complete, even though we will miss having our Fondy neighbors! Great update on the kids, they are getting so big. Take care and update with pictures when you are settled into cloud nine.
ReplyDeleteCan't believe Sasha did that either and with such care! Dakota did have (and I think still is having) a hard time adjusting to our move. She is getting better, but it has really aged her. However now that the kids are getting older and paying attention to her I think she's slowly coming out of it. I wish I would have researched it before we moved.
ReplyDeleteI still can't believe how big the boys are! George will be 5? All three of them are wonderful boys. You are lucky.
Congrats on the house(s)! We can't wait to see photos of your new home!