Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Days, Driftin' Away

August 3rd already, the summer is definitely coming to an end.  Its about time! (I don't really like summer weather much).  What we've been up to...

Running:

George ran his first races this summer.  This picture is from North Fondy Fest (our last..boo hoo hoo).  It was an 1/3rd mile run.  He started out at a sprint, but after the first corner I saw him slow to a steady jog.  But he kept at it the whole time and finished with a smile.

The 1/3rd mile distance was a stretch for him.  His other race this summer was only 1/8th mile--a sprintable distance for any kid.  He did say he wanted to do a 13 mile run though.  Too bad he had no idea just how long 13 miles is!

Parades.  And admiring fire trucks in general.  This was taken again at North Fondy Fest while the fire truck was filling the dunk tank with water. 





A cheer for the fire trucks.  And lots of cheers.  Charlie and Louis are expanding their vocabulary.  We met with birth to three and developmentally they behind on speech a bit, typical for twins.  We were given some pointers on how to get some words out of them and we are seeing some results.  Louis, the bold confident one, is a bit ahead of Charlie with speech.  Just recently he has started saying "no" instead "uh-uh", among other words.  Charlie lets others talk for him still but is still progressing with the speech.  He is really good at "yaying" when he's excited for something or cheering.




The beach.  We trekked to Kohler-Andrae State Park beach on Lake Michigan.  It was beautiful weather!  Dogs were allowed on the beach and Sasha was busy chasing a stick in the water the whole time.  We found some sand monsters at the beach as well (on the left).  Other than that everyone enjoyed digging and playing in the sand as Charlie is demonstrating.

George played t-ball in Waunakee.  We weren't living in Waunakee yet (but thought we would be when I signed him up) but we started growing roots by getting involved.  He loved every minute of it, and even managed to catch a few balls!


Brewer game.  It was the kids' first Brewer game ever.  It was commemorated by Brewer shirts for everyone, peanuts, hot dogs, beers, and $14.75 for three gatorades.  We made it through the 4th inning at this steamy game before we needed to head out since everyone was so restless.  There will be more in our future.  Probably more Madison Mallards games since its closer and cheaper.



River Falls Days.  George was treated to a ride in the fire truck for the parade.  We elected to not have Charlie and Louis in the truck this year...next year will be their year.  They are just tooooooo squirrelly!  I rode the mechanical bull again but we won't post that picture.  George did the waterfight again and otherwise we just enjoyed a nice weekend with Grandpa Dori and Grandpa Frank.
Charlie and Louis were very tuckered out the whole weekend.  They fell asleep anywhere and everywhere.




























Waunafest.  So this year Waunafest was a bit disappointing only because we had hoped to be homeowners here.  The kids could care less though.  They rode lots of expensive rides, except Charlie who was too scared to try.  I forced him to go on the merry-go-round.  He was petrified and screamed until the moment it started moving, then he smiled the rest of the time.  I know, I'm such a mean mom.  I noticed in these Waunafest pictures Grandma Hazel and Grandpa Jerry are missing, so watch out I'm coming for you.





















I know being behind in posts doesn't leave room or time for the fine details in our life. So here are ten facts for the day:

1.  George spilled his milk twice today.  He threw a tantrum for an hour and Louis threw a tantrum for 30 minutes. 
2.  We live in Waunakee now.  Send me a message if you want our address.  Our house hasn't sold yet.
3.  I have an interview for a tutoring job in math and chemistry for high school kids in a week or so.  Part time of course, pick your own hours.
4.  Obtained a Waunakee Public Library card today.  The kids level is nice, but they keep the kids cd's and dvd's on the adult level.  I don't think all the adults appreciated my kids yelling "whooo whooo" at the top of their lungs while searching for cd's.  Why not just put those on the kids level???  COME ON!!!
5.  Charlie and Louis have no problem going down for a nap in their big boy beds (this is the 2nd day).  But night time is a different story.  It still takes an hour. 
6.  Louis enjoyed dipping his left-over peanut  butter and jelly sandwich in applesauce, AND eating it.
7.  It was DANG hot outside today.
8.  My dog pooped on the rocks outside our patio door.  Rocks.  Suzy, your rocks are not the only ones she likes to poop on apparently.
9.  Made a last minute beer run because I realized we haven't had a beer since we cleaned our condo from 8 - midnight Saturday night while we consumed a six pack.  I realize that makes me sound like an alcoholic and I am ok with whatever you think.
10.  George jumped in the pool without holding onto the instructor's hands for the first time ever.

5 Facts for Aug 4 since I couldn't finish this last night.
1.  Our condo has lots of cicadas at it.  My kids like to squash them.
2.  My neighbor cut across our condo lawn and stepped in a pile of dog doo-doo.
3.  The kids had gymnastics today.  Louis didn't sit and play with the puzzles the entire time this week.  Yay!
4.  Charlie ate three cereal bars for his morning snack.  He also ate a full breakfast this morning.
5.  We have had zero cups of milk spilled today.

I consider myself caught up now.  Yipppeeee!

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up Sandi! Somehow you make chaotic life sound so fun!!!! You are amazing! And I love the beer comment! If you still have my e-mail, send me your address when you get a chance, or send it through facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still laughing about the rocks! My parents dog was here this weekend and where did she go ... in the rocks!!!
    If I cleaned from 8-12 I would have had a 6 pack also. Actually a beer sounds good right about now...

    Love the pic of George catching the ball - good job!

    And I know I have been saying this for a long time now, but we still want to get together with you guys. My sister lives in Fitchburg now so hopefully we can meet up on one of our trips to Mad town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the update. Glad you guys are doing well and keeping busy this summer! Ditto on the getting together. Some time we will just have to pick a weekend and make it happen.

    ReplyDelete