Wednesday, April 8, 2009

HELP!! I'm Being Attacked by Babies!

We frequently hear these words from George lately. Charlie and Louis are on the move! We moved the exersaucers downstairs and brought up the walkers. It is pretty entertaining to watch two infants roll around in walkers, its like they're playing bumper cars sometimes. Its even better when they're interested in what George is doing and walk as fast as they can to him, hence causing him to scream in alarm "Help! I'm being attacked by babies". It is awesome.

For developmental mobility, Charlie is officially crawling. He was a backwards crawler about a week before he turned 10 months, often scooting himself underneath couches and tables, beds, etc. Then this last Sunday night he learned forward. He's accelerating quickly, so...watch out George! Louis I think is going to skip crawling and walk first. Time will tell.
The twins are both somewhere around 22-23 lbs. I did not take an official 10 month weight yet. At their 9 month check-up, they were 30" so I had to kick them out of their infant car seats, and they are now in regular car seats. It was a sad day when I had to do that, its just so much easier when you can use the infant car seats. Other than that, Charlie has this adorbable fake laugh right now, and Louis is a screamer.
Teeth: Charlie has two! It happened very quickly, just before he turned 10 months old. Very drooly on Friday, then Saturday had very rosy cheeks and you could see the teeth. Then Sunday, they broke ground. Here he is, showing them off. Dang they are cute.
Here is Charlie and Louis's official 10-month picture. It sums them up pretty well. They spend a lot of time stealing each other's toys, as Louis is doing here. Charlie is showing his rosy teething cheeks, and the picture cannot better represent how he really felt that day.

I do believe Louis is teething as we speak. He has a bump growing in his gums. The tooth is not visible, but tomorrow it might be a different story.
I must have complained about their sleeping enough because it is much, much better. They are in a pretty good routine with taking a short morning nap, and a longer afternoon nap. Sometimes Louis wakes up for some extra mommy time but he goes back to sleep eventually. There was one night where all three kids did not make a peep, and I had my first night of uninterrupted sleep in well over a year. That was awesome, and I wish it would happen more often.
There were a few days in mid-March where the weather was very nice, although a bit windy. We were able to get outside for some early springtime fun. Charlie and Louis loved the swings, as did George, although he was more interested in the sandbox. We are really hoping it warms up just a little bit more, and isn't so stinking windy so we can enjoy more time outside. Not to sound like the rest of the world, but this spring's weather has really stunk so far.























We did take our annual mini-spring break trip to a waterpark in the Dells. It was a three night excursion, complete with an "I WANNA GO HOME" tantrum one night that came out of nowhere. And really, he didn't want to go home. Age three really is natural birth control. Anyway, here are some pictures from that. George completely loved the waterpark again. He was so excited about it that as soon as we walked in the waterpark he took off and went down the slide by himself with his shirt on. As you can see, the waterpark is fun for persons of all ages. My mom and dad came with this year, and I think that they really enjoyed it. It looked like they were having lots of fun anyway. Sometimes it looked like my mom was having more fun than any kid in there when she was going down the slides.
George, even though he's three, is a really fun and entertaining little guy right now. One morning he fished this out and decided to try it on. He called it his life preserver...I suppose he is correct in some regards. By the way, this is his new silly face.He does so many silly things and says so many silly things and I find myself thinking "ooh, that would be a good one for the blog", but I often forget what it is. Sorry. He spends quite a bit of time protecting his toys from Charlie and Louis these days. He gives them many kisses, but sometimes the kisses get confused with biting. Ugh. He is quite opinionated, not in a bad way he is just really learning to speak his mind. When he says he wants something, for example pineapple for breakfast, he really means it. When he says there is an emergency, he generally means that as well. Louis was able to reach a plant using his walker. George rushed into the kitchen and said "Mom, there's an emergency!" and showed me that Louis had partially demolished a plant. I don't consider this a real emergency, but I am glad that he considers it one and I am confident that if someone is in grave danger someday, he will rush in and proclaim emergency!

Last weekend we celebrated Easter on the Holter side. Its nice to see everybody and the Easter egg hunt is humerous and entertaining as always. Next year Charlie and Louis said they will help find their eggs. George remembered we had squash at Grandma and Grandpa's house for Thanksgiving, and was concerned we would also eat it for Easter because he said "Squash makes me puke" when my mom was making dinner. Good thing squash is replaced by jello eggs at Easter.














Finally, I haven't talked much about Sasha lately, but this is what she does all day.
I would like to point out that I did make the bed this day, but she rearranges the blankets to her specific liking. She also only sits on my side of the bed. What a life.
That's about it. I've been busy doing my job as mom. Matt has been busy working and doing his job as dad. Since its race season, I've asked him what he is training for (since he'll go do a 10 mile run for the heck of it), and he says he is training to be a dad. I think I am going to have to convince him to sign up for a race this year. He did brew some beer two weekends ago that will be ready to drink in 4 more weeks. I hope that we can enjoy it on the front porch or else on the deck with some nice, warm weather.

4 comments:

  1. Sure.....you made the bed that day...right! Thanks for the post! I love the rosy cheeks picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the smiley Charlie and Louis picture. They are so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the greatest posts :) The boys crack me up, they are so funny and SO CUTE! It was so fun to see them this week too. Ryan is brewing some beer tonight, so we will be a couple weeks behind you. We will have to get together and compare someday soon - I know we have said that for a while. Hopefully we can do that and celebrate some good news someday soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I am finally just reading this! Anyway, I absolutely love the picture of Louis and Charlie with the big happy smiles on! And Love George's life preserver!!!

    ReplyDelete