Sunday, June 22, 2008

They're Awake!!


The last time I blogged, Charlie and Louis spent almost all of their day eating and sleeping. Now, they spend some time awake! Sometimes its as much as hours at a time! Its exciting, because we get to interact with them more when they are awake, and the chance that they will sleep longer than 3 hours at a time at night increases if they are awake during the day!

The past week was a bonding week for me and Charlie and Louis. It was George's last week of daycare, so he was at daycare everyday except for Tuesday. This gave the twins and I a chance to get to know each other better. They certainly don't talk much yet, and for that matter I missed having Matt and George at home because they are chatterboxes. Tuesday George stayed home from daycare because he is enrolled in a summer gymnastics class. Basically they run around the gym for an hour on all the gymnastics equipment, and he loves it! I have to bring Charlie and Louis with us, so it requires their cooperation but the gymnastics instructor is great and said that if I need to take care of Charlie and Louis during the class, she can take care of George. The class we went to last week is in Oshkosh, and we'll be signing up for another class in Fond du Lac.

This weekend was a busy one for us. It was North Fondy Fest (formerly known as Pride Day Festival, but not that kind of pride if you know what I mean). Saturday morning Matt and George did the 5K run, and they finished 4th in Matt's age group. The rest of the family was there to cheer them on. Then we watched the short, but entertaining parade, followed by concerts in the park by the UW-Madison marching band and another local band. Then we came back later for dinner, drinks, and funnel cake desert. Today was breakfast on the farm day for June dairy month. This year the farm was located about 25 minutes southeast of us. We had plenty of scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese, and donut holes to eat, then did some farm site seeing of tractors, cows, etc. George loved it of course and didn't want to leave when it was time to go.

Charlie and Louis have their 4 week check-up this week on Thursday! I am guessing they will be close to 8 lbs each by that point, if not over 8 lbs. We are having a more difficult time telling them apart because Charlie's face really chunked out. They both have double chins, working on triple chins now! We frequently rely on Louis's painted toe and Charlie's crinkled ear to distinguish between the two. Days when they have the same or similar outfits on it is really difficult to remember who is who. Can you guess who is who below?


Here's a hint:




That's right, Charlie is on the right, Louis is on the left. Here's a good action shot of Charlie nailing Louis in the nose (you will have to turn your head to look at it. For some reason when I upload the photo, it is automatically rotated and there is no option to rotate the photo with this blog software. And if there is, I haven't found it yet and I'm not going to waste anymore time trying to):


Last, since it was George's last week at daycare we brought in some cupcakes. Here's a good picture of George enjoying a cupcake Friday afternoon.

Have a good week, will update after the doctor's appointments on Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Awww...how sweet! We really have to get down there some time for a little visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I hope things are going good, it certainly seems like you are doing fantastic!!

    We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics! They really are small, now I can see that when they are next to Thing 1 and Thing 2 :) Glad to hear things are going well and you had some good bonding time. I'll stop by sometime on my way back from Plymouth one of these days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I't wonderful to hear how great you are doing! I can't wait to see everyone! I'm hoping it is real soon!

    ReplyDelete