Yesterday, Charlie and Louis were officially one month old. We celebrated by letting them stay up all night partying! Wait, they choose to do that on their own. Actually, they're sleeping patterns aren't too bad. Its still in the 3 hour range at a time during the night, and I frequently remind myself that it could be worse.


We also went on the merry-go-round and train at Lakeside Park. Other than that it was just a "routine" week of with gymnastics on Tuesday, story hour on Wednesday, appointment on Thursday and story hour again on Friday. I already can't remember what we did last Monday.

Charlie and Louis are also getting a lot stronger, as can be witnessed in this picture of Matt holding them both. They like to squirm! If they push their legs against you, they can move themselves too.
This coming week will be without visitors, which will be a first. So if you want to visit, stop by please! That's all I have for now. I can't believe that I was able to write all this while they were sleeping. I better stop now before they wake up.
Thursday was their one month check-up, and they are doing spectacular. To date, Louis was always heavier than his brother, but Charlie finally changed that around. On Thursday, Charlie was 8 lbs 10 oz, good enough for 25th percentile. His height was 20.25", which is 15th percentile for his weight, and his head is 36 cm which is also 15th percentile. Louis, on Thursday, was 8 lbs 6 oz, which is 20th percentile. His height was 20.5", which is 20th percentile for his weight and his head was also 36 cm, which is 15th percentile. They both are really gaining lots of fat on them now, and they're shorts and pants no longer require belts!
Charlie and Louis still look a lot alike. We have resorted to using a "C" and an "L" in some of the pictures to tell who is who. Sometimes it is really hard. Charlie's face seems bigger and rounder and fatter than Louis's now, so maybe we can go off of that. Here's Louis:
And here's Charlie...(he's saving that milk for later he told us)
Their personalities are still developing. Charlie still seems like the looker, he likes to look around at everything. Louis is still the sucker, he needs to suck to get himself to sleep usually. They're both cuddly, of course, and not too fussy still (knock on wood). We've been working hard to get them on the same schedule for feeding purposes. Its nice when they eat at the same time!
They both have a little bit of baby acne, which is normal but it is getting better. They are both also showing signs of smiling soon! In this picture, it looks like Louis is smiling...

Sometimes it really looks like they are smiling but we're just not sure if it really is a smile or still just gas. Since they were a few weeks early, they're developmental milestones will be a few weeks behind. They're 4.5 weeks old, so its a little early for real smiles but pretty soon they will be there.
We had a visit from my sister Cheryl this week which was fun. She took George fishing, but unfortunately the only thing we caught swam away....with the bobber, sinker, hook, and half of the fishing line since it broke. We tried to explain to George that that normally doesn't happen, so hopefully he understood.

We also went on the merry-go-round and train at Lakeside Park. Other than that it was just a "routine" week of with gymnastics on Tuesday, story hour on Wednesday, appointment on Thursday and story hour again on Friday. I already can't remember what we did last Monday.
Charlie and Louis are also getting a lot stronger, as can be witnessed in this picture of Matt holding them both. They like to squirm! If they push their legs against you, they can move themselves too.
This coming week will be without visitors, which will be a first. So if you want to visit, stop by please! That's all I have for now. I can't believe that I was able to write all this while they were sleeping. I better stop now before they wake up.


I miss everyone! I had so much fun, and can't wait to see you all again. I think that's milk you can see in Louis's left nostril in this picture!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Sandi and Matt, glad to hear everyone is doing well! We really appreciate the pictures too!
ReplyDelete