Wednesday, April 18, 2012

So It's Been a While...

But we've been busy. Up to things. Training for a marathon kind of things. Coaching a soccer team kind of things.   Taking care of three kids and a dog with a hematoma in her ear kind of things.  Easter and a short getaway in Chicago.  But, you're most interested in the pictures..




Thing 1 and Thing 2 (Charlie is on the left, and he's Thing 1)


George and his BFF Darth Vader, at Legoland in Chicago


At the Museum of Science and Industry



Louis


Charlie



Holter Easter celebration.  All the grandkids with Grandma and Grandpa.



Zimbric Easter celebration. 



A hike out to Picnic Point with the family on one of those 80°F days in March. 



George at Picnic Point.


So there, you have proof that we are alive.  George is doing fantastic in school.  Well-behaved, smart, social.  Charlie and Louis are taking a speech class Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, and they are doing well.  Louis sometimes has trouble when he doesn't get his way...but that is not a surprise to me.  There speech is improving and that's all I care about.  Matt is working and brewing beer and training for some triathlons this summer.  And watching the kids while I train for a marathon.  

I definitely recall saying "I will never run a marthon again."  Well my neighbor caught me in a weak moment and talked me into it.  Madison Marathon, May 27 2012 I'll be crossing the finish line.  Primary goal is to finsih and perhaps feel like I could endure training for yet another marathon. Secondary goal is to beat my first, and only, road marathon time of 4:30 something.  I've run a trail marthon, and God help me if I don't beat THAT time.  My third goal is to finish in 4 hours or less.  I won't mention my other goals.

So, wish me luck.  And it's ok to provide me with some motivation.  I often ponder why in the heck I signed up for this thing.  But, I'm running faster than I've run long distance before so I'm doing something right I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment