Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fine, My Update

My update? 

My mind turns up a blank when it comes to my update.  I mean, you do want my update, right?  Not my update about my kids, or my update about what my husband is doing.  But my update?  About what I have been doing about myself, for myself...

Wait, I'm being asked by three different people to do three different things...

....in the interest of myself.  That update?

Time to dig deep.  Let's see.  I got my haircut.  Fairly short.  It was the quickest conversion to a layered, flirty bob that I have ever experienced.  I was in and out in about 25 minutes, that is including a wash and style.  As I was paying, I suddenly realized the itches I had on my nose was my hair.  I then realized she didn't brush me off, neck or face, and she didn't show me the back.  End result--still looks good but not quite like the picture I had brought in for her to work off of.

I have been exercising "quite a bit", meaning I've gone several months now where I run, bike, etc at least two times a week, usually 4 or 5.  This is a record for me.  In the past, I would exercise for a few weeks, then hibernate for a few months, then exercise a few weeks, then hibernate.  I haven't hibernated since moving into the house last October!  A friend is trying to talk me into running a 1/2 marathon.  Sometimes I'm tempted and it sounds like a fun thing.  Other times I remember what my face looked like at the end of the last marathon I did in 2007.  I think that if I did run it, I would be glad I did but then I would hibernate.  If I don't run it, perhaps I still won't hibernate?

I hope to tutor again this school year but I haven't heard anything yet.  This is only my second year, and I was lucky last year getting assigned two students before school began.  How do students know they need help I guess if the school year hasn't started?  Anyway, I'll be busy between tutoring, MOPS, "bunco" (bunco is a dinner with friends.  used to play bunco, not anymore, but is still called bunco), Home and School meetings for George's school, among other things.  Yikes!

I volunteered to be the soccer coach of George's soccer team.  This is the big leagues now, where they cut the kids loose on the field.  Apparently, for the U6 teams, the coach has to be on the field with the kids.  What did I get myself into?  I'm about to be trampled by many kindergartners not knowing which way they are supposed to be kicking the ball. 

Other than that, I bought a chair I want to reupholster but don't know how to.  There is a class on Thursday nights for three hours at a time but don't think I'll be finding myself at it.  I'd like to take some photoshop classes, merely just another wish.  So many things I'd like to do, just not enough time.
Most of my time is consumed by taking care of the kids.  It's a job I love, but lately I find myself trying to escape, feeling like I could use a good long vacation.  Couldn't we all though?

Last weekend was the annual Holter camping trip.  It was just the Holter girls this time with one of my brother's family visiting for a day.  Beach was unbelievably awesome, but the campground was buggy and full of hungry flies.  It was fun regardless, and the kids loved it. 

Well, that's it.  These are the most recent pics of me because I am always the one behind the camera.  Next weekend is Matt's 1/2 Ironman.  He's been training very hard and should do pretty well in the race.  We are excited to cheer him on.

1 comment:

  1. YEAHHHH!!!! I was very excited to see this update!! You sure are keeping yourself busy that's for sure! If you ever want to do a girls day/weekend sometime let me know, maybe a little mini camping trip?

    ReplyDelete