Thursday, June 17, 2010

I forgot I had a Blog

Just kidding, but its worth a try, right? 

Actually, life happened.  About a month after my last blog, which is when the next blog would normally pop up, I was getting ready to head to the Dells for our annual spring break trip.  Matt had just finished a phone interview for a job near Madison.  I didn't think much of it, because what were the odds we would get what we want? 

Let me clarify myself.  Last summer, we decided we wanted to move closer to family.  Nothing is more important than family.  Matt told one of the pesky recruiters that call him of our interest for a job in the River Falls/Minneapolis area as well as the Madison area.  An opportunity popped up last fall, but we turned it down.  Then, after hearing nothing and doing nothing, BAM!  This job falls in our lap.  Within five days our lives went from we'll be in North Fond du Lac for a while to we're moving to Waunakee, how fast can we get the house on the market! 

Now you know why you haven't heard from me in a while.  Matt started his job on April 19.  He works for Foremost Farms in Baraboo, WI, their corporate headquarters.  His official title is Product Development Manager.  It is a position within R&D (research and development), which is something very familiar to me.  He loves the job so far, and I can't help but be a bit jealous.  He has some days making cheese and working in the plants, some days out doing things at customers, some days in the office.  A good balance.

The kids and I have been in North Fond du Lac so George could finish school and figure out where we would go.  We were hoping for a quick sale on our house, but it didn't happen.  We're working on getting an apartment in Sauk City or Waunakee until our house sells.  I will say that being a single mom is the pits.  I keep my eye on the finish line, but this marathon is one I wish to never run again.

So, cut to the chase, right?  I know you're only here for the pictures, of which you have seen none since February.  Sad thing is, I don't have any downloaded past the middle of April so you are stuck with Easter pictures and early spring pics.  More to come soon.  I won't wait three more months.
Grandma Hazel and Grandpa Jerry with Charlie at the Waunakee Easter egg hunt.  I call it the Wauna-egg hunt.  (Things in Waunakee are Wauna___.  Like Wauna-wash, Wauna-bowl, Wauna-home.)
George at the Wauna-egg hunt. 


Grandma Dori with Louis and Grandpa Frank with Charlie and George at the RF Fire Department.  We receive a request to visit the firehall every time we visit RF these days.  In fact, anytime we see a fire department, George makes a request to go visit it.  His interest in becoming a firefighter is growing.  One day, while on a walk, he picked up a seeded dandelion and started blowing on it, saying "I wish I could be a firefighter." Blow.  "I wish I could be a firefighter."  We were discussing what we were going to be when we grow up (apparently I am not grown up to him) and for him it was a no-brainer.  He's going to be a fire fighter. 


The Dells trip.  A blast as always.  Louis was sleeping just prior to this photo.  George was throwing a fit about something.  This year we went to Chula Vista.  They don't allow you to go down waterslides (even little ones) with little people like Charlie and Louis.  So, we sent them down on their very first waterslide adventure.  It was good experience for them, but the look on Louis's face as he was flopping down the waterslide was a moment I will never forget.  Poor guy.


Charlie and Louis's last bath together.  They are too big, and too agressive, to fit in the same tub anymore.  They like to lie down, kick, and if you are in the way you better watch out.  It was in everybody's best interest to bathe them separately. 


One of the first nicer spring days playing outside.  We played outside most of the winter, but I remember it was nice not having to put on winter boots and snowpants and hats and mittens.  The kids play in the sand box almost every day.  For the amount of toys we have in there, the sand box could be as big as the yard and it would still be crowded.


Louis (left) and Charlie (right).  Crazy that this was just a few months ago, but they look pretty different now.  I know that's a teaser, but I promise it won't be long until the next one.  After all, I was watching episodes of LOST on hulu.  I've caught up to season 6 and I have to wait until sometime in August to continue.  I have all that time to blog now and get my life back on track.

PS.  If you are trying to leave a comment, does it work if you click on the (0) located to the right of "Comments:" underneath the title of the blog? 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating, you sound understandably busy! The boys look so big, can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so the comment screen is a little messed up. I finally figured out you had to tab to get down to where you can enter the goofy word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you updated! The boys are so big! I can't believe it. Can't wait to see more. (And I'm going to use Erin's tip so I can leave a comment...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete