Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meet...The Crazies!

Hi. I've decided that my kids are going crazy. I don't know if the craziness rubbed off from me, but lately they are just crazy silly. A good example of George's craziness is on Monday, at gymnastics, a little girl was helping George learn how to skip. She was holding his hand, and although you couldn't hear what she was saying, you could just imagine it: "Now hop! Step! Hop! No George. Like this!" It was so cute to watch, and a great learning tool for George because he listened better to her than any of the teachers. Anyway, George chose to show his gratitude by chasing her and kissing her. Of course all the other girls thought this was pretty funny, so George chased MORE girls and tried kissing them! Good thing he is 3, and not 13. What a ladies man!

Next we have Charlie. He was bitten by the crazy happiness bug. He was always happy before, just never like this. The little guy will just sit there and smile and laugh at you for no apparent reason. This is extremely cute and entertaining! But think about it! If you or I did that, people would want us to get a psych evaluation! He also enjoys attacking his socks, and is content to sit with a sock in his mouth. He would love to hear "put a sock in it!"

And then Louis. He is still a very happy little guy, but he has started this head shake back and forth. Its not just a little side-to-side shake for saying no. Its a full out turning his head as far as he can one way, then the other way. I almost think that he saw me shaking my head 80's style one day (George likes me to do that) and is trying to mimic me, except he doesn't realize he doesn't have the hair to do it. Anyway, he does this head shake at very strategic times...when he's very tired or when he is in a good mood but doesn't want to eat anymore food. Sometimes he's in a bad mood and doesn't want to eat more, then he just does what he can to throw the spoon, with food, back at you. Then sometimes he gets the shriek going with it. Now imagine in your head a shrieking at the top of his lungs 8 month old, shaking his head back and forth as fast as he can. That's right...its a pretty crazy image, isn't it! Louis also loves the camera. He will get upset if the camera is out and you are not taking pictures of him. In this picture it really looks like he is about to burst with excitement.

Here's another funny, but very exciting, image. Charlie can scoot! Mostly on his butt, and if his pants are slippery, he can get a lot farther! I've seen him go in complete circles before though, and just last night he moved a full 18" I bet! And that was with sweat pants on! If he has the slippery wind-type pants on, its like he's on ice almost. He's getting so brave reaching and grabbing for things when he is sitting up. He takes so many face plants a day, one of these days he will figure out how NOT to face plant, and then he'll really be on the move. For the time being, he doesn't move more than a few inches when he's on his belly, although just before lunch today I noticed he rotated his body a full 30°. Louis hasn't really started the scoot yet, although he's taken a few good face plants too. One day George and I were in his fort, and the babies were on the outside looking in. Louis clearly wanted in badly, because he took a giant lunge forward, enough that you could almost call it a belly flop instead of a face plant. Its so funny!

Charlie and Louis are 8 months old now. No teeth, eat lots of food, self-feed cheerios and other goodies, love to sit, stand, grab their socks and attempt to eat them, are very nosy and curious. They still really stink at napping, and night sleeping is alright I guess. Charlie is great, Louis has issues. They love books. I try to read to them but it is next to impossible because they grab at the pages and do what they can to get the book in their mouth. They enjoy their exersaucers still. Charlie loves to rock back and forth in his as hard as he can--another method of scooting I suppose. Louis loves shrieking in his. After dinner they like to entertain themselves in the exersaucers. Here they are with soap suds on their faces too.

We do bathe Charlie and Louis together now in the big bath tub. They thoroughly enjoy this! They like to lie down in the tub and kick, or if they are sitting up they like splashing. Charlie is such a powerful kicker that we really have to watch where he is kicking since Louis is in the tub as well. Charlie will scoot to get the toys and Louis is just happy to be there and smiles a lot and splashes.










George is still quite loving towards the little guys, and in general. At least I think the majority of the time he is, there are definitely moments he is not. He will say out of the blue "Mommy, I love you". Makes me want to have it recorded for when he is older and feeling different someday I can pull it out and listen to it. Sometimes if people are sad or upset he will stop to ask them, "Mom, are you alright?" Then, on the other hand, I tell him to watch out for Charlie on the floor and he steps on his poor little hand the next time he walks by him. I guess that's part of the 3 year old listening skills. I can tell that he wants just as much attention as Charlie and Louis receive. If I'm taking their picture, George wants his taken. So, here is George in the bathtub, giving you the tough guy look. You have to admit, for a 3 year old it is pretty scary, except you can tell he is trying not to smile.

Oh yeah! We took George to his first Badger hockey game a few weekends ago. He did enjoy it a lot, however he was scared of the loud horn blown when the Badgers score, and after a while the
fun he was having at Grandma and Grandpa's house was more than he was having at the hockey game. But we ended up staying for all but a few minutes of it with the help of the band, dancing, and ice cream.

Ricky croaked, if anybody is wondering. He's in the trash now. And Tina is on her new throne Matt made for her. I'm not sure she digs her new location in the house yet, it might be too quiet for her. Once we get her a UV light though it'll be like she's on the sunny beach of Lake Winnebago though.

That about sums up our latest happenings. We had a quick but fun visit from Grandma and Grandpa Holter already. We're also teaching George how to jump off the edge of the couch so that he can learn to JUMP out into the swimming pool and graduate to the next level of lessons. I know, it sounds like backwards parenting but sometimes you just need to live life backwards. !retal uoy eeS

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow...I'm going to have to watch my little girl around the Zimbric boys! In the first pictures, it kinda looks like the twins look a little different, but in the bath photos they look identical. All your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness!! I absolutely love, love LOVE George's tough guy face! That is a true classic. And, I have been noticing...the twins...I notice a difference. Charlie, I think it's Charlie, he seems to have somewhat of a "Holter" look. YOu think? Is he the one earlier in the blog in the yellow shirt that says Digger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big they are getting!! As for the backwards parenting...I am trying to teach Noah NOT to jump off the couch. I never thought of using it to my advantage...thanks for the update. Can't wait for the Dells!!

    ReplyDelete