Well I feel horrible that I've made you all look at Tina for over a month now. Hopefully the content here will make up for that.
Some big news...George poops on the potty! Yaaaahooooo! This might not come as such exciting news to some, but to us it is fantabulous! We've always been told, "Oh, one day it'll just happen and he'll be potty trained." I have yet to believe this. George started pooping on the potty because we made him. (Gasp!) Really, he always announced when he had to poop. We always
gave him the option of the potty, but always
chose diaper. One night we had enough. We were standing right next to a toilet, and the idea of him running AWAY from the toilet to poop was just ridiculous and impractical, and I am a practical person. So, we plucked him on the potty and began the process of "I'm all done" (with nothing happening of course) and "I have to poop" a bunch of times before he just couldn't hold it anymore and it had to come out...in the toilet! We are so proud of him. This of course was made possible by the "Bob the Pooper" song, sung to the tune of "Bob the Builder". Anything is possible with Bob the Pooper. By the way, he loves Bob the Builder right now for those that do now know. Anyway, since that first time pooping in the pristine white porcelain bowl he has always said "I have to poop Mom" and we go to a potty. It is almost always an excuse to get some one-on-one time with me to read a book or just sing a song, but eventually it does come out and he is learning that he just needs to get down to business. Today when he pooped I told him to tell me when he was finished. When I went to check on him I noticed he was wiping (trying to) his bum, and also noticed over half the roll of toilet paper was gone and in the toilet. That's a good chuckle! We keep reminding him that he can also pee on the potty too, but so far he always chooses the diaper for that. Maybe it will change soon...tonight he told Matt (after getting out of bed once) that his diaper needed changing because it was wet. Not sure if this was just going to bed procrastination or the wet diapers are finally starting to bother him, but we'll chalk it up as progress anyhow. And, wow, that was a big paragraph on pooping.
gave him the option of the potty, but always
chose diaper. One night we had enough. We were standing right next to a toilet, and the idea of him running AWAY from the toilet to poop was just ridiculous and impractical, and I am a practical person. So, we plucked him on the potty and began the process of "I'm all done" (with nothing happening of course) and "I have to poop" a bunch of times before he just couldn't hold it anymore and it had to come out...in the toilet! We are so proud of him. This of course was made possible by the "Bob the Pooper" song, sung to the tune of "Bob the Builder". Anything is possible with Bob the Pooper. By the way, he loves Bob the Builder right now for those that do now know. Anyway, since that first time pooping in the pristine white porcelain bowl he has always said "I have to poop Mom" and we go to a potty. It is almost always an excuse to get some one-on-one time with me to read a book or just sing a song, but eventually it does come out and he is learning that he just needs to get down to business. Today when he pooped I told him to tell me when he was finished. When I went to check on him I noticed he was wiping (trying to) his bum, and also noticed over half the roll of toilet paper was gone and in the toilet. That's a good chuckle! We keep reminding him that he can also pee on the potty too, but so far he always chooses the diaper for that. Maybe it will change soon...tonight he told Matt (after getting out of bed once) that his diaper needed changing because it was wet. Not sure if this was just going to bed procrastination or the wet diapers are finally starting to bother him, but we'll chalk it up as progress anyhow. And, wow, that was a big paragraph on pooping.On 11.28.08, Charlie and Louis were exactly six months old! It is so hard to believe that six months has gone by. I remember thinking when they were born that six months was so far away, but it has gone by so fast with so many good times. To commemorate their half birthday, we took them to the doctor this past Monday for their check-ups and vaccinations. We promised to celebrate more appropriately for their first birthday. Charlie weighed 18 lbs 6 oz (50th %ile), was 27.5" long (80th %ile), and his head is 44 cm (50th %ile). Louis weighed 17 lbs 14 oz (50th%ile), 27.5" long, and head is 43.9 cm. They still measure very close together. They both babble beautifully and sit up for very short periods of time by themselves.
Louis rolls over both ways (front to back and back to front), and Charlie still just front to back although back to front isn't far away. I'm guessing one of these days I'm going to find both of them on the opposite side of the room they started at and then crawling will happen soon after. They are full speed ahead on the solid foods. They started with Gerber baby foods, and they would eat anything. I've since started to make them their own fruits and veggies like green beans, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, pears. Louis flat out refuses to eat the green stuff, and Charlie spits it out at you. They still love the fruits though. It is quite amusing to watch their faces while you sneak in a spoonful of green beans with the pears. Mean, I know, but it is for their own good. They love, love, love mashed banana mixed with their cereal. They've also achieved milestones sleeping. Not last night but the night before (24 robbers came knocking at my door...no no no) Louis slept until 6 AM or so without making a peep, and he did that the night before that too! Charlie made a few peeps the same two nights, but managed to get back to sleep until 6 AM or so. Wow! They are starting to sleep the nice 10-11 or so hour block of time that allows parents the uninterrupted sleep they so desperately need. And, the last three days they have napped during the day something resembling a regular baby napping schedule. This is all too good to be true.
Louis rolls over both ways (front to back and back to front), and Charlie still just front to back although back to front isn't far away. I'm guessing one of these days I'm going to find both of them on the opposite side of the room they started at and then crawling will happen soon after. They are full speed ahead on the solid foods. They started with Gerber baby foods, and they would eat anything. I've since started to make them their own fruits and veggies like green beans, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, pears. Louis flat out refuses to eat the green stuff, and Charlie spits it out at you. They still love the fruits though. It is quite amusing to watch their faces while you sneak in a spoonful of green beans with the pears. Mean, I know, but it is for their own good. They love, love, love mashed banana mixed with their cereal. They've also achieved milestones sleeping. Not last night but the night before (24 robbers came knocking at my door...no no no) Louis slept until 6 AM or so without making a peep, and he did that the night before that too! Charlie made a few peeps the same two nights, but managed to get back to sleep until 6 AM or so. Wow! They are starting to sleep the nice 10-11 or so hour block of time that allows parents the uninterrupted sleep they so desperately need. And, the last three days they have napped during the day something resembling a regular baby napping schedule. This is all too good to be true.The Charlie-Louis-George interaction is really starting to get amusing. Sometimes Charlie and Louis will stare at each other in the exersaucers and gurgle back and forth to each other. They are completely in awe with George and will smile and giggle at him for almost anything.
Yesterday during George's dance party Louis was busting a gut watching George dance and fall. Same thing tonight. I cannot wait until Charlie and Louis can chase George around! George continues to adore Charlie and Louis, although isn't really protective of them anymore. Its been a long time since I've heard him say "Nobody run over my babies!" in a parking lot.
Yesterday during George's dance party Louis was busting a gut watching George dance and fall. Same thing tonight. I cannot wait until Charlie and Louis can chase George around! George continues to adore Charlie and Louis, although isn't really protective of them anymore. Its been a long time since I've heard him say "Nobody run over my babies!" in a parking lot.
Everybody has been on the road a lot this past month with the Thanksgiving holiday and work. Matt has been busy with a few business trips. Last week he was in California soaking up the sun for most of the week. I had the crazy idea of packing up the kids, the dog, and myself and having a bonus visit in River Falls. That was a lot of work. It was so nice to be with people and not have to do all the work all by myself all week, but dang, that was a lot of work. I don't know if I will do that again. He also made a few other trips that weren't as long. He'll soon have a Blue Moon-like beer on tap, yummy. And he's been building Tina the Turtle a stand so she doesn't have to live on our kitchen counter. The day after Thanksgiving, George visited Santa Claus in River Falls. He is obsessed with Bob the Builder, so he told Santa to get him Bob the Builder stuff. Here is our Santa picture this year. That same weekend we ventured into the woods to get our Christmas tree...the whole family. Sasha was not as eager to carry the tree out this year, but still had just as much fun. The tree is now decorated in our living room so we can enjoy the Christmas spirit it provides. 



I think that about sums it up, the major happenings in our life anyway. We hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday season this year! We have so much to be thankful for that I feel like I am bursting at the seams with happiness sometimes. Then one of the babies poops and the thoughts are quickly overcome with stink. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

LOVE IT! I heard you say...more than once if I remember right...that it was a lot of work to come to RF. My gut reaction? Really? It didn't seem that bad to me! :)
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing!
I forgot:
ReplyDeleteI will have to make it down for some of the new beer! I love that stuff even though it gives me horrible hangovers!
I was smiling and laughing through your entire post! Dance Party...we used to have those all the time as kids! Good Job George on Pooping! yes, that was a lot of talk about poop but it was awesome.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday George!!!
ReplyDelete