On Monday, we became the proud owners of Tina the Turtle. Someone Matt works with wanted to give the turtle a new home, so they were giving away the tank and everything else needed for little Tina. So, we decided to give her a new home thinking George would really like her, and he does. Whenever we go somewhere, he always tells her goodbye. At night he tells her goodnight. He likes to feed her, and just watch her in general. He is always asking "What's Tina doing?" Yesterday he said "Tina likes me!" Tina is a Red Eared Slider or something like that. The most popular species of pet turtle. I have a hard time getting past "hamburger" when I think of "slider". Anyway....She is about 4 or 5 years old the old owner said. About the name, George had selected Tina from a list of names. Turns out her name was Tina anyway! And, the man that gave us Tina is named George! Such a small world. She really is quite interesting, and social too. She always comes to check out what you are doing. She is warming up nicely to her new environment, and yesterday decided that we weren't such a threat and spent most of the afternoon on her rock. I know, a turtle is hardly as exciting as what some of you thought the big news could be. Some thought we were moving. While it would be nice to be closer to one of our families, that is not in the future for us. Maybe someday. Some thought we were having more kids. KidS, as in plural. Are you out of your mind? Get a mental health check please. A kid, possible someday, but not in the remotely near future! We didn't win a load of money or anything like that, just a turtle. =)
I can't remember if I said this on the last blog or not but CHarlie and Louis are 5 months old now. We had fun raking leaves this last weekend and here are a few pictures. Charlie won't roll over yet, Louis does once in a while from front to back. Charlie is a great sleeper at night, and Louis has learned to take advantage of his nursing mother. They're doing pretty good eating their peas and carrots, pretty
Ps. It was Matt's idea to keep the big news a suspense =)



That's some new family member you have there...she kinda looks like a hamburger!
ReplyDeleteA turtle! That is not what I was expecting! You are right, I thought a move was the news, and honestly I did think you were pg again and was thinking that the boys would have only been 2 mos old at conception and was shocked! See what happens when you leave me in suspense?!
ReplyDeleteI hope Sasha likes Tina also :)