Some people cook out of Julia Child's cookbooks for 365 days straight. Some people challenge themselves to cook with their slow-cooker for 365 days straight. I'm inspired by these things, but I need my own thing. Any ideas for me? Please don't say blog every day for 365 days straight.
The reason for asking...I was looking for a slow-cooker recipe for my brand new programmable slow-cooker and came across a beouf bourginigion recipe on http://www.crockpot365.blogspot.com/. I'll be making it, but I wonder what Julia Child would have to say about this?? By the way, if you haven't seen Julie and Julia, I recommend it.
Alright, I'm certain you'd rather hear about our Christmas instead of my slow-cooker. This Christmas was wonderful. It all went so fast though that I'm wondering where it went and what day it is. Matt was even off all week, but we were still scrambling late Christmas eve with our bottle of wine to get things done. Too much marshmallow making, rice krispie bars, gingerbread houses, playing in snow, shopping, cookie baking. The highlight of Christmas (besides seeing everyone) is definitely the train table that the kids were given from Santa. All three of them
flocked to it and immediately started playing with it. Now, almost a week later, George still loves playing with it, Charlie does too but never gets a chance because George is always stealing his trains and Louis is constantly demolishing it and throwing the pieces (literally) everywhere. Ahh, the joys. George was delighted that Santa ate most of the cookie set out for him, drank most of the brown milk, and the reindeer ate most of the carrot as well. Charlie and Louis loved opening the presents. This was the first time they were into it, ripping the paper at least and not caring about what is inside so much. George was so excited Christmas Eve that, after telling him that the faster he goes to sleep the faster Santa can come to his house, he told me "Go to bed now, Mom! Then Santa can come!"
Seems George is starting to quote again, come to think of it. Tonight he said "How rude. That's rude Daddy" (I NEVER say that). He also recently said "That's crap" in response to my "That's crap" response to Aunt Cheryl's bouncer being manufactured incorrectly. Cracks me up.
Charlie and Louis are expanding their vocabularies too. Milk, no, momma, ball, dog, hi, nana (for Nuk), bug, M&M, daddy, George, down (telling Sasha to lay down), cheese, fish, there, this, that, more, Santa, truck, train. Most of the time you might not understand it, but sometimes it comes out crystal clear. Watching Louis chase around Sasha, pointing at her and yelling "dow! doe! dow!" is priceless.
I have reluctantly labeled two of the three kids. The danger in putting a label on someone is that it tends to stick around, even if it doesn't fit anymore. But for George, his label has rung true for the past 4 years. So, George is Mr. Defiance. Louis is Mr. Independent--in many ways. Charlie I have yet to label.
Enjoy the pictures, and Happy New Year!!! I am always inspired at the new year to become the definition of organized, to do something great, get my life in order. May you be that inspired, but also I wish for you to accomplish it unlike me who lets the inspiration die after about a week.
Will this comment post?
ReplyDeletesadfsdf
ReplyDeletefsadfsdfdf
ReplyDeleteLooks like you fixed the comments! For your something, how about keeping sane while cooking meals with three very energetic boys running around. I don't think Julia every had that challenge!
ReplyDeleteErin
The word verification is still a bit goofy for posting a comment, but I was able to tab to eventually get the Post Comment box to highlight.
ReplyDeletejh
ReplyDeleteOrganize all of your photos.
ReplyDeletecheryl is anonymous.
ReplyDeleteHa! Funny I am currently working on organizing all my photos. I am up to April 2008. I guess I only started with George's birth, so I have the rest of my life's photos to deal with too but its a start.
ReplyDelete