Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hot Fun in the Summer Time

Hello! Hope everyone is having a good summer and remembering to take time to have fun.











Charlie and Louis are eight weeks old today. They are settling into a more predictable schedule still. Waking up around 7 AM, having awake time, then napping off and on until ~ 2:30 PM for more awake time, then napping until dinner time and bedtime activities. They are sleeping more often for 4 hours at a time when they first go to bed, then about 3 hours after that. The 4 hours is becoming pretty consistent though, so its definitely a step in the right direction. They are pretty happy babies when they are awake. Louis really shows his emotions. He gets crinkled foreheads, stink eye, sad face, happy face, confused face, and scared faces. Charlie shows his emotions too, but he really only has happy face and sad face, not much inbetween yet. They both laugh, which right now sounds more like a giant gasp than an actual chuckle. But its cute. Monday they will have their two month checkups! I bet they're around 11 lbs or so. Up until a few days ago, I was thinking they must be fraternal because they didn't look alike at all. But then I was video taping them one day, and looking through the camera I couldn't tell who was who. Then I was taking pictures of them yesterday and I had the same problem. Today I got them mixed up. Needless to say, we'll be keeping fingernail polish on Louis's toe. Here they are looking different @ 7 weeks (Charlie is Spiderman):




Here they are looking similar (8 weeks old here, Charlie on the left)


I realized I haven't taken any pictures of the boys with their big sister yet. Here is a good one. Notice that the tongue is NOT touching Louis:
















George is quite the big brother. He likes to play with Charlie and Louis and shows them some of his toys. Not share, just show. He makes sure to tell us if they are awake or sleeping, or if they are crying (as if we couldn't figure that one out!). Every morning he gives them kisses and same in the afternoon after his nap and anytime that we are playing together with them. Whenever we are out somewhere, I have to load Charlie and Louis into the stroller and George is constantly reminding people to "not run over my babies!!!". He even has attitude when he says it.


George started swimming lessons at the Y this week. He loves it. I've never had him be so cooperative getting ready to go somewhere than when we get ready for swim lessons. It makes me want to tell him we're always going to swim lessons, so that he just sits still while I get his shoes on and get him ready to go. Today he almost jumped into the water by himself, but then thought about it a while and held just one hand with the teacher.


We had visits from both sets of grandparents last week. Its always a treat when they visit. George likes to read with the Grandmas.






















Also this last weekend was the Fond du Lac County Fair. We went as a family, and took George on the Merry go round, ferris wheel, and the motorcycles. He might have liked the motorcycles the best. He had the biggest smile on his face the whole time, and kept talking. We don't know what he was saying because we couldn't hear, but he loved it. We didn't have the camera with so we couldn't take pictures. This weekend is Waunafest so he'll get to go on more rides, I'm sure he'll be going on the motorcycles again. And we'll take the camera with.


I did have the camera with for this moment. I caught George red-handed. He was using his resources to get goodies from the pantry. He is getting pretty creative with this. Anything for candy. We are working on asking permission for things. He does very well, but he takes advantage of it. For example, he will say "Please have some candy?" He thinks that just by asking permission, he is automatically granted a yes response. I don't know how many times a day I hear "Please have some candy?" Its funny.





I'll leave you with a few more pictures. I have a whole series of pictures of Matt and the three boys taken together. When I was searching for a good one, I noticed that George and Matt always have similar facial expressions. It doesn't really show it here, but it was amusing and if you're at our house its worth a look.

Have a splendid weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love your posts and updates on the boys! They are getting more and more adorable each time! I love how George tells people to not to "run over HIS babies." I'm glad to see a Sasha photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Dad sleeping?? Thanks for the update...they are getting so big; I can not believe it has been 8 weeks. Hope to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking forward to your next post. I am glad things are going well and George loves his swimming lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of Sasha blinking and sticking out her tongue, NOT touching the baby! I also like the one of George sneaking in to the candy! Ok I like all of the pictures! I'm so excited to see you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete